Friday, June 1, 2012

I Have A Question

Have you ever blown it ? I mean  doing  or saying something that you completely regret . I blow it many times before I even leave the house .I yell at the kids or the wife and get mad for no reason  or not a good one at least . How many of the people in the Bible ( except Jesus ) have done the wrong thing ?  The Bible says in Romans 3: 23 - for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God ; guess that means all of them . That's one of the great things about the Bible , it doesn't pull punches when it comes to it's so call hero's .
                                                                         How many of your sins does God know about ? The Bible says we will  be judged by every action and word we speak . So it's not like we are fooling God by trying to hide from Him . When my kids were little we would play hide and seek . I would close my eyes and count while they went running . They always picked the same places to hide . Most of the time it was behind a curtain that  only covered half of their little bodies . I would walk around the house acting like I couldn't see them and calling their names . They would giggle in that cute little kid way trying not to give themselves away . I loved playing that with them . Why do we play that game with God like He doesn't know what we are doing ? I've done it many times when I did something foolish .I don't show up to church the next week or pray because of the guilt I have . Why ? Does that make since because The Lord already knows what I've done . Its not like I'll start praying and confess and then God's says " WHAT !!! I can believe this after I told you not to do that  ! " God saw you before you had a day . Psalm 139:13 -16 for Thou didst form my inward parts ;thou didst weave me in my mothers womb.I will give thanks  to Thee , for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ; Wonderful are Thy works ,  and my soul knows it very well . My frame was not hidden from Thee , When I was made in secret , And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth . Thine eyes have seen my unformed substance ; And in Thy books they were all written , The days that were ordained for me .When as yet there was not one of them .
                                                                      In Genesis we read that Adam walked with God . Then came the day when he sinned and in Genesis 3:7 then the eyes of both of them were opened , and they knew that they were naked ; and  they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loin coverings . I love what happens next because its what God has been doing ever since . The Lord walks through the garden and calls out to Adam and Eve " Where are you ? " . They hid themselves because " We heard you coming and hid knowing we were naked " . What does this sound like but the game I played with my kids . God is so good though because He says " Where are you ? " He knew where they were the whole time of course ,but He was drawing them out . Just like when I was calling out to my kids,  The Lord  was calling out Adam from his hiding place . God could have said " You know what I told you not to do that and now you're gone " ,but that's not what we read . God says to Adam " Who told you that you were naked " ; again looking for confession . God was looking for confession and Adam and we give God excuses . Do you really think that any of that works with God ? That The Lord is going to say " Man that's a good one you got Me you're off the hook " .
                                                                     Do you know how many sins Jesus died for ? The Bible says in Hebrews 10:12 -but He , having offered one sacrifice for sins for all time , sat DOWN AT RIGHT HAND OF GOD ". Jesus paid for every sin that man has or will do . If you're a Christian reading this then He paid you're debt so stop running and go back to Him because He loves you . He calls out to you even now as you read " Where are you ? " .  Stop with the excuses He already knows what you've done before you even had a day . Confess and get back to His loving arms . He's waiting like a loving Father . If you're reading this and you have never known God in a personal way my question would be to you " Would you like to ? " God is calling out to you as well and asking the same question " Where are you ? " You might say " well you don't know what I've done ; God would never forgive me " . Well I don't know what you've done ,but God does and He loves you more then you can understand at this point . The truth is that God loves hundred percent all the time because that's what He is . God is what love is . The problem is that He is also hundred percent holy and has to deal with your sin first  . He did that when He sent His only Son to the cross , but you have to put your faith in His Son and the price He paid for your sin .
                                                                       Stop running from God because He knows where you're at . He's calling out to you " Where are you ?" . He wants you to confess so your sin can be washed away and He can show you the love you have been waiting for . So whats next ? Pray this prayer -
                          Lord Jesus I have sinned . I'm sorry for that sin and want to follow you as my Lord and Savior  . I believe in the price You paid on the cross for me .Please accept me as your disciple and show me who You really are . Thank you for all that You have done . In Jesus name I pray Amen.  If you've prayed that prayer then on the authority of the Bible your are saved . Romans 10:9-10 -that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord , and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead , you shall be saved ; for with the heart man believes , resulting in righteousness , and with the mouth he confesses  , resulting in salvation . Romans 10:13 for " WHOEVER Will Call UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED . WELCOME TO THE FAMILY OF GOD !
                                                                    I have one more question for those that chose to not pray with me and are not already  Christian and that is why not ?

No comments:

Post a Comment