Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Do you feel alone?

I never felt I belonged when I was younger. I was never comfortable no matter who I was with, not even my family. I was supposed to be the man of the house because I never had a father around ( I never met him). I didn't know what that even meant. I had no example so what was a man supposed to be? My mom always worked to support us so she wasn't there to help me either. I was trying to help raise my other brothers, but that was a failure. The only males around me were a series of losers trying to play dad, but they had no clue and besides my brother's and I were just excess baggage to them.  I had friends like anyone else, but they didn't care about what was going on with me. They wanted to party and so I partied too fit in and fill that gap I felt. I was alone and confused about life. Why was I alive? Why did I want to live? What was the point anyway?
Enter God. The picture below shows Jesus talking to the woman at the well. I love this story because of what God did. You see this woman had an appointment with Jesus and she didn't even know it when her day started. The story starts in John 4:3-42. The Bible says that Jesus had to pass through Samaria which is where He met this woman. She was drawing water from this well at noon. This is a desert area and noon was not the perfect time to be hallin water around. She was a loner in her village and that's why she was out there by herself. She was living the wrong way and people didn't want anything to do with her. Enter Jesus.
The Lord came to see her where she was because she wouldn't or couldn't go to Him. That's how God works. He knows where we are at and comes to get us. Jesus begins to ask her questions to draw her out from her walls that have been built. Walls built from hiding and pain from being alone. She puts up a fight, but Jesus hit her in that soft spot of her sin and she is forced to face it. At the end of the day she comes to faith and draws many to Jesus.
                Her loneliness was over and when I became a Christian The Lord showed me why I was alive and what my purpose was. God gave me so much and I'm grateful everyday. The loneliness is gone and replaced with a family and friends.
                 Are you alone and confused?  Enter Jesus.  If you are reading this, it's because you have an appointment with Jesus and He's waiting for you because He loves you. He wants to draw you out from the wall you hide behind. Stop fighting and stop being alone He's meeting you here.
                  


No comments:

Post a Comment